Roby Baptist Church was founded on December 7, 1947 after a revival at the old Roby School House. Reverend Hugh Schultz, Director of Missions for Texas County Association helped organize and served as temporary pastor. Twenty people were saved during the revival and came forward for baptism - ten others came by letter.
Since that time many changes have taken place, from the erecting of the first church building in 1949 to the present day when the new addition to the church was paid off and the mortgage burned. But no matter what changes this church has seen, the one constant has been the love for God and His Son, Jesus Christ.